Very Important Travel Insurance Update For Coronavirus (COVID-19)
On March 13, 2020, the Government of Canada issued an Official Global Travel Advisory advising Canadians to “avoid non-essential travel outside of Canada until further notice.” As such, the coronavirus pandemic is now considered a known risk.
We are advising all plan members to contact their insurance carrier directly BEFORE they travel to confirm coverage.
DBA is following the pandemic very closely and will keep you informed of any pertinent developments as they occur.
For the most current information related to the coronavirus and travel advisories, please consult the following resources:
- Government of Canada – Travel Advice and Advisories
- Government of Canada’ – Travel Health Notices
- Public Health Agency of Canada – Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Travel advice
- How EI benefits for COVID-19 quarantines will work under the new rules
- Ottawa's first COVID-19 assessment centre opens at Brewer Arena
- Gatineau opens first COVID-19 testing site along with plans for a second installation
Photo by Fusion Medical Animation on Unsplash